This project is read-only.

Installation Issues (from Source)

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Compile works perfectly fine.
I was able to get a new user into the system properly as well.
Even created an application once I logged into the CMS.

It's from there that I had an issue.  Adding a Text schema worked properly but there is no option to add or configure a binary schema.  I thought I could simply skip it for now but when I right click on the Content icon, no option to create folder comes up either.  Left clicking content doesn't do anything in the right hand panel so I'm not sure where I go from here because the quickstart guide did not work for me as advertised.  Help would be appreciated because this app seems to have promise and I'd like to get a site implemented in it just to make sure.

Derek Licciardi

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Derek,

I just realized that maybe we miss a document regarding users & rights management.

I think the problem might be that you did not grand this user role enough permission to perform those actions.

User belong to a role and every role has permission settings attached to it. Please check the role permission setting.

Regards,

Guoqi @ Kooboo team

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Oddly enough, when I launched the application this morning, it worked perfectly fine.  I'm enjoying it and getting used to the application itself as I think it has a lot of promise from an integration standpoint.  That said, I have two questions:

Is it possible to replace the Authentication and Role providers?  I have a federated WCF Service based custom authentication provider in our environment and I would like to use it instead of the built in authentication.  Are the roles and such hard coded into the security?  I haven't gone looking and figured it would be easier to simply ask before I go code spelunking into the security module.

Second question is a bit more mundane.  How do you handle css and javascript files in a web site?  I didn't see any documentation on this topic or don't know where the documentation is for it.

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Kressilac,

We are using ASP.NET membership, so you can write your own membership provider. That is fine!

On top of this membership, we also implement a PermissionService under namespace "Everest.CmsServices.Services" for contorl of users permission on kooboo, like which applications or functions user can access. You may also need to write your own permission service and configure it at unity.config.

For Javascript, you need to include them in the header section of a layout template. That is same as a master page in ASP.NET. 

For CSS and images refered by CSS, we consider those as a theme in the similar way as ASP.NET theme. For more information, pleases read our theme document.

http://www.kooboo.com/docdetail/theme

I hope this helps. For any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Kooboo team