content types / nested content / views

Aug 29, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Hello all,

Seems like a great project. I looking for a replacement for the drupal option (though it's great for some).

1. Does this platform has something like nested content (X is referenced by Y).

2. Can I easlity retrieve data stored, like user lists + some data.

3. I really think you should open your own forum. There is the great www.yetanotherforum.net.

Thanks,

Eden,

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2009 at 3:37 AM

eddr,

Thanks for using Koobo.  To answer your questions,

1, Yes, of course

2, Yes, of course

3, agreed, we will do that coming week. 

I am not very whether the document of kooboo.com site regarding sub content or referencing content is very update to date right now. I have to verify and come back to you on monday for this. 

Regards,

Kooboo team

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Hi,

I would like to do a complex contenttype like folder that contains for example subcontains articles and news.

1. Is it possible to use multiple sub contents?

2. Is it possible to select news and articles that i had already written?

At least another question about professional version. Why the price is not indicate in http://www.kooboo.com/version and if we go to http://www.kooboo.com/contactus

the Email: guoqi AT chinasoftware.eu is not in good format

Thanks for your answer,

Bertrand

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Edited Aug 30, 2009 at 2:29 PM
kooboo wrote:

eddr,

1, Yes, of course

2, Yes, of course

I am not very whether the document of kooboo.com site regarding sub content or referencing content is very update to date right now. I have to verify and come back to you on monday for this. 

Regards,

Kooboo team

First, thanks for the quick answer.

Second, I wasn't very clear: without hacking the source, can I, say, like in webforms - drag some other controls into it? This is a must-have flexibility in CMS platforms for large and very customized sites

Can I create a customized user profile as I wish the same way? 

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2009 at 12:24 PM
perrin_bertrand wrote:

Hi,

I would like to do a complex contenttype like folder that contains for example subcontains articles and news.

1. Is it possible to use multiple sub contents?

2. Is it possible to select news and articles that i had already written?

At least another question about professional version. Why the price is not indicate in http://www.kooboo.com/version and if we go to http://www.kooboo.com/contactus

the Email: guoqi AT chinasoftware.eu is not in good format

Thanks for your answer,

Bertrand

Perrin,

Thanks for using Kooboo. 

1. Yes, it is possible. We call it Child schema in Kooboo. One text schema contains the other text schema as a sub content. For example, blogs contains comments, this is a child & parent relation, one comment can only belongs to one blog. One text schema can contains main child text schemas, even can contains binary schemas.  

2. Also possible. Originally we call this referencing schame. But later we found people often get confused by "refer to" or "referred by". "who refers who" became hard to explain. Right now, we call this kind of relation a "category". 

In the text schema definition page, you should find both "child schema" and "category", see below screen.

The only question we did not have more information (e.g price) regarding the professional version yet is because we are still in internal discussion what we are going to with professional version. It seems like our intention is to just open everything public to our users. Please come back to our site for more information in a few days. 

Thanks for the reminding about the email. I have to put AT instead of @, because otherwise I will get too much spam. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kooboo team

Aug 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Hail to this!

I sure hope it to be a totally free open-source project & I think it's a real drive for people to join a new project such as this

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2009 at 1:04 PM
eddr wrote:
kooboo wrote:

eddr,

1, Yes, of course

2, Yes, of course

Regards,

Kooboo team

First, thanks for the quick answer.

Second, I wasn't very clear: without hacking the source, can I, say, like in webforms - drag some other controls into it? This is a must-have flexibility in CMS platforms for large and very customized sites

Can I create a customized user profile as I wish the same way? 

We are not able to make a drag & drop for nested content retrieve. It will be really complicate. If some one possible in making it, it should be a windows application, difficult to make it on web. 
We found the data retrieve should be the tasks of a developer, what we do are:
-- provide a "Data Rule" for all data query job. A visual data retrieve designer.  Please see our Data Rule document on www.kooboo.com document section. 
-- provide a template editor with intellisense support, as the screen you see at the kooboo.codeplex.com home page. 

Sub content or referencing contents have to be accessed by content service API. Unfortunately, I found out that we did not have documents regarding our content API to retrieve sub content or referenceing content. If you are using Visial Studio, you can access the content API like below screen. 

I am writting the content API document now, should publish it tomorrow at kooboo.com site. 

Aug 31, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I think I've much to catch with the MVC thing, but for now - is it nessecary to have the C# code mixed with something that looks like client side code?

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM
eddr wrote:

I think I've much to catch with the MVC thing, but for now - is it nessecary to have the C# code mixed with something that looks like client side code?

Yeah, that's true.

I would like to see server code(C#) in a separate file. Or better, IMHO in View shouldn't be any code or just client side code(JS).

Best regards.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM
Edited Sep 2, 2009 at 5:06 PM

FYI,

The new kooboo license plan is updated, see http://www.kooboo.com/license

Kooboo will not make a version with different functionality any more. Kooboo team does will make some commercial modules and charge fee for them. We got wages & rent to pay. 

The new Kooboo forum is also live at http://forum.kooboo.com

Kooboo has a very big plan, we hope to release something interested enough for the community every a few months. Come and join us. 

Regards,

Kooboo team